This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn commissions when you make a purchase through these links (at no extra cost to you). See our disclosure policy for more details.
A Comparison of Ten Popular Water Bottles for Pregnant Mamas
It’s no secret that staying hydrated during pregnancy is absolutely crucial, but – let’s be real – it can be quite a challenge.
Which is why I’m spilling the beans on the secret to hydration success: finding the best water bottle during pregnancy.
Trust me, having the right water bottle by your side can make a world of difference. And I’ve been through a LOT of water bottles, so I know the ins and outs of all the different kinds available.
So let’s dive in and explore the world of reusable water bottles! This post will simplify the business of hydration for us glowing mamas.
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to replace professional medical advice.
Best Pregnancy Water Bottles
Here’s a quick overview of the key features of each water bottle; we’ll cover each one in more detail shortly.
*Keep in mind that the capacity, prices, and specific features may vary based on the product variations available.
|Water Bottle||Capacity||Material||Special Features||Price|
|Hydro Flask Wide Mouth||Varies||Stainless Steel||Insulated, BPA-free, durable||$$ – $$$|
|Contigo Cortland Chill||Varies||Stainless Steel||Vacuum-insulated, spill-proof, easy to clean||$$ – $$$|
|CamelBak Eddy+||Varies||BPA-free plastic||Spill-proof, dishwasher-safe||$ – $$|
|Yeti Rambler With Chug Cap||Varies||Stainless Steel||Vacuum-insulated, dishwasher-safe||$ – $$|
|Klean Kanteen Classic||Varies||Stainless Steel||Durable, sports cap||$$|
|Thermos Intak Hydration||Varies||BPA-free plastic||Rotating meter, dishwasher-safe||$|
|Takeya Originals Insulated||Varies||Stainless Steel||Double-wall insulation, leak-proof||$$ – $$$|
|LifeStraw Go Water Filter||Varies||BPA-free plastic||Built-in filter, filters up to 1,000 liters||$ – $$|
|Ello Syndicate Glass||Varies||Glass||BPA-free, silicone sleeve, flip lid||$ – $$|
|Brita Premium Filtering||Varies||BPA-free plastic||Filtered, flip-top lid, reduces contaminants||$ – $$|
Top 10 Water Bottles for Pregnancy
Here’s a compilation of the best water bottles for pregnancy. Each option comes with a brief description, key features, and the pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
I’ve included a mix of different types to suit your preferences.
1. Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Water Bottle
The Hydro Flask Wide Mouth water bottle is an insulated stainless steel bottle with a wide mouth for easy sipping and cleaning. Its most popular feature is its insulated walls that keep drinks cold/hot for hours and hours.
– Pros: Excellent insulation, large capacity options, leak-proof lid.
– Cons: Slightly heavier compared to other options, may dent if dropped.
2. Contigo Cortland Chill Water Bottle
The Contigo Cortland Chill water bottle is a vacuum-insulated bottle with an Autoseal lid for one-handed drinking. It keeps drinks cold for up to 28 hours, making it similar to the Hydroflask in that regard. It’s spill-proof and easy to clean.
– Pros: Convenient one-handed operation, no leaks or condensation, fits most cup holders.
– Cons: Straw lid can be challenging to clean, not suitable for hot beverages.
3. CamelBak Eddy+ Water Bottle
The CamelBak Eddy+ is a reusable bottle with a straw lid and a spill-proof design. It’s BPA, BPS, and BPF-free, easy to carry with a handle, and dishwasher-safe (which will be especially important once the baby is born and you’re too busy to handwash it).
– Pros: Spill-proof, durable construction, wide range of colors.
– Cons: Straw lid will require special cleaning, not suitable for hot liquids.
4. Yeti Rambler With Chug Cap
The Yeti Rambler is a stainless steel water bottle that keeps water cold “to the last drop”, as they say. The top may look strange, and it may seem like it would be difficult to drink from, but it has a chug cap that makes drinking water easier. Just give the handle a half-twist and you’re set.
This water bottle is BPA-free and odor/stain-resistant.
– Pros: Vacuum-sealed, chug cap, various sizes available, DuraCoat Color.
– Cons: Slightly big for cupholders, not lightweight.
5. Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless Steel Water Bottle
The Klean Kanteen Classic stainless steel bottle comes with a sports cap and a sleek design. Because it’s stainless steel, it’s also BPA-free and is durable.
– Pros: No flavors retained, compatible with different caps, lifetime warranty.
– Cons: Not insulated, may dent if dropped, limited color options.
6. Thermos Intak Hydration Water Bottle
The Thermos Intak Hydration water bottle is made with BPA-free plastic and has a rotating meter to track water intake. It has an easy-to-use lid, is dishwasher-safe, and is impact-resistant.
Which is perfect if you’re feeling a little clumsy in your pregnancy! (Or am I the only one who drops absolutely everything when pregnant?!)
– Pros: Leak-proof, hygienic push-button lid, built-in carrying loop.
– Cons: Not insulated, may have a slight plastic taste initially.
7. Takeya Originals Insulated Water Bottle
The Takeya Originals is a double-wall insulated water bottle with a spout lid for easy drinking. It’s BPA-free, keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours, and is leak-proof.
– Pros: Excellent insulation, durable construction, wide range of colors.
– Cons: Smaller capacity options, lid may require extra care during cleaning.
8. LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
Love the clean taste of filtered water? The LifeStraw Go is a filtered water bottle with a built-in straw for on-the-go filtration. It removes bacteria and protozoa, plus it is BPA-free and is constructed with durability.
– Pros: Filters up to 1,000 liters of water, ideal for outdoor activities, reduces plastic waste.
– Cons: Not suitable for hot liquids, straw may require extra care during cleaning.
9. Ello Syndicate BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle
The Ello Syndicate is a glass bottle with a flip lid and a silicone sleeve for protection. To be honest, if you’re extra clumsy during pregnancy, glass might not be ideal.
I definitely broke one of my glass bottles when I was pregnant, although my Ello is still going strong! Because it’s made of glass, the water is clean-tasting, plus it has a nice, wide mouth for easy cleaning.
– Pros: No flavors retained, durable sleeve for added grip and protection, dishwasher-safe.
– Cons: Glass material may be more fragile than other options, not insulated.
10. Brita Premium Filtering Water Bottle
The Brita is another popular choice as a filtered water bottle, and it comes with a flip-top lid and replaceable filter. It’s BPA-free, filters chlorine and other contaminants, and has an easy-sip straw.
– Pros: Improved taste and odor, convenient for on-the-go use, reduces plastic waste.
– Cons: Regular filter replacement required, not suitable for hot liquids.
Remember, each water bottle has its unique features, so consider your priorities and preferences when making your selection.
Whether you prefer insulation, straw lids, or sustainability, there’s a perfect water bottle on this list to keep you hydrated and refreshed throughout your pregnancy journey.
Importance of Hydration During Pregnancy
As our bodies work hard to nurture our growing baby, the need for hydration increases. Hydration plays a vital role in:
- maintaining a healthy pregnancy
- supporting proper digestion
- regulating body temperature
- preventing common pregnancy discomforts (lookin’ at you, constipation and swelling!)
Plus, staying hydrated is essential for the baby’s development, ensuring a healthy amniotic fluid level and proper circulation.
But here’s the thing: keeping up with our hydration goals can be challenging, especially when we’re constantly on the go or experiencing those lovely pregnancy brain moments.
That’s where a reliable water bottle comes to the rescue!
With the right water bottle by your side, you’ll have a constant reminder to sip throughout the day and meet your hydration needs like the pregnancy rockstar that you are.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Water Bottle
When it comes to selecting the perfect water bottle for your pregnancy journey, there are a few key factors to keep in mind.
Let’s break it all down.
Considerations Specific to Pregnancy
- Look for a water bottle that is easy to hold and handle, especially if you’re feeling a little clumsy.
- Opt for a lightweight option to prevent adding unnecessary weight to your bag or purse.
- Consider a bottle with a wide mouth for easy cleaning and filling, particularly when you’re fatigued.
Essential Features to Consider
- Size and capacity: Choose a water bottle with a capacity that suits your daily hydration goals.
- Material: BPA-free and non-toxic materials are best, to ensure the safety of both you and your baby.
- Ease of use: Look for a bottle with a user-friendly design, such as a flip-top or straw lid, for effortless hydration on the go.
- Portability: Choose a bottle that fits comfortably in your bag or cup holder, making it convenient to carry wherever you go.
- Opt for a water bottle that is dishwasher-safe for hassle-free cleaning, because let’s face it, we have enough on our plates already.
- Make sure the bottle is leak-proof to avoid any unwanted spills, especially when you’re busy multitasking or running errands.
- If you’re extra clumsy during pregnancy, re-think that glass water bottle and consider stainless steel instead.
Remember, mama, selecting the right water bottle can make a world of difference in your hydration journey during pregnancy.
Take these factors into account, and you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect companion to keep you hydrated and refreshed throughout the day!
Additional Tips for Staying Hydrated During Pregnancy
I’ll admit, even with the perfect water bottle, it can be hard to reach your hydration goals, especially if water makes you sick.
Which is why I wanted to share a few things I learned during my three pregnancies.
- Set reminders to drink water regularly throughout the day.
- Listen to your body’s signals and drink when you feel thirsty.
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go to ensure easy access.
- Keep track of your daily water intake to ensure you’re meeting your hydration goals.
- Consider using apps to monitor and motivate your water consumption.
- Stay mindful of environmental factors such as heat and humidity, which can increase your hydration needs.
- Try these water alternatives when it’s just too hard to enough get water down.
By implementing these practical tips into your daily routine, you can effectively maintain proper hydration levels throughout your pregnancy, supporting your overall health and well-being.
Best Water Bottle for Pregnancy
Staying hydrated during pregnancy is vital for your health and for the well-being of your baby.
We’ve explored the importance of hydration, the factors to consider when choosing a water bottle, and I’ve provided a list of the top 10 water bottle options for pregnancy. Whether you opt for an insulated stainless steel bottle, a BPA-free plastic option, or a filtered water bottle, the choice is yours.
Select a water bottle that aligns with your preferences and lifestyle, ensuring it helps you stay hydrated and refreshed every step of the way.
Cheers to a glowing pregnancy!